Saturday, November 16, 2013

How I Clean My Brushes After The Craziest Makeup (Honestly, this will get almost anything out of your brushes)

I love me some theatrical makeup, and it is my makeup brushes that suffer the most.  To make matters worse, I cannot stand when my makeup comes off, transfers, runs etc.  This means I use the most hardcore have-to-jackhammer-it-off makeup out there.  Team that up with brushes that have been with me for ten years and you have quite the problem right? No! I have done the legwork for you and figured out the best method for getting almost anything out of your brushes.  Ready? It's Dawn and Baby Oil. I alternate dawn and baby oil during my wash to get out product.  The worst by far are the acrylic paints from MAC; they're not coming out of anything.  Plus once it dries, it's hard a rock.  I start off by loosening it up with dawn and rinse that out.  Then I use a small amount of baby oil and work it back and forth.  I use dawn to rinse it out and alternate until the brush is clean.  This can get out even the toughest of makeup.  A word of caution: do not use too much baby oil.  This can cause the glue that holds the bristles in to loosen and harm the brush.  Also, when finished it is best to place the brushes bristle down at an angle so the water and any excess doesn't go back into the brush handle area.  This will keep the glue from loosening as well.  I like to use a towel to prop the brushes up.  Once they dry they are ready for use again and should be much cleaner than soap alone or makeup brush cleansers that don't end up getting all the makeup out.  Happy cleaning!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! For me I clean my Brushes under the Lukewarm water and put a small amount of baby shampoo. It’s extremely important that makeup brushes be regularly cleaned. Thanks for sharing this post!

    Makeup Brush Set

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, great way to clean brushes ! i use makeup remover to clean mine. Thanks for this great idea, i will try it soon . cheers

    ReplyDelete