Friday, November 15, 2013

Fake Lashes Should Not Cost You More Than $5. Period

Makeup artists rarely pay full price for our products.  Some of that is attributed to our professional discount, the other part is knowing where to spend your money.  Stop buying your lashes from makeup lines and stores like Sephora.  Head to your local Wallgreens or Ulta Beauty and check out any number of lashes such as Ardell lashes.  I'm going to tell you a secret, almost all makeup artists buy bulk quantities of lashes similar to, if not, Ardells.  Why pay $15 at MAC when you could buy them for $1.25?!  That's crazy talk right?  I will give it to some companies like MAC and House of Lashes, they do offer a great, high quality product.  However, I have not noticed a huge difference in quality form the lashes I get at the Clement St. Variety store.  In fact, I prefer some of the variety store lashes.  I know it sounds sketch, but hear me out (or read me out?).  A lot of lashes seem to be private labeled. What that means is that they are manufactured in the same place and are the exact same product but can cost 5x more when a luxury brand places their label on the box.  If you are willing to hunt for them and get rid of the packaging, you can get amazing lashes for less than $2.  "But I don't live in SF or anywhere near Clement St.!" Not a problem!  There are tons of stores in LA and elsewhere, like Frends, Namies, and Nigels, that I order product from that will happily ship them to you.  My favorite spot to order lashes from is Frends.  Not only is the staff super knowledgable and helpful, but they have a massive variety.  When you calculate the savings on one pair of lashes alone, the shipping pays for itself.  Check out the D Whispies. At $4.99 per set they are my absolute favorite.  Look em up on amazon or wherever because $15 for lashes is crazy talk.

Below is the link for Frends Beauty Supply in LA.  Not all of the products can be viewed online, so I suggest calling them at 818-769-3834 they're fantastic. http://frendsbeautysupplyonline.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your suggestion and advice. will definitely follow through and do keep us enlightened with more. I will be following up on more!

    ReplyDelete