Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My favorite eyeliner picks for your eye type:  I get this question a lot, "Why can't I do a winged out eyeliner?"  The problem, a perfectly straight line just isn't possible on everyones' eyes!!!  It takes me close to 15 minutes at times to turn that serrated edge into a line that doesn't skip over the wrinkles and creases on my lids.  And I'm a professional!!!  Notice in the bottom right pic where I naturally have creases on my lid.  Do you?  This could be what is making this difficult to achieve.  A lot of people have a crease that comes in at the outer edge of their eye when they smile.  Try it.  Smile, and see if there is a crease that makes your eyeliner appear like a check mark.  If there is, you will have to line over that crease until you've covered it or it will appear uneven.  The other trick I use like mad is darkening the outer corner of my eyeshadow to hide the uneven edge my eye shape causes.  No one can tell if your eyeliner isn't straight if that whole area is black! lol.  The other thing you can do is use an eyeshadow as a liner or blend out your liner so the line isn't so clear cut (be careful not to pull on your eyes like crazy while doing this).  If the line isn't as sharp, imperfections can be hidden much easier! woot!  I know, I know, I'm a cheater...but I refuse to have low self esteem everyday because I got into an argument with my eyeliner that morning.  Then I'm beating myself up for years of smoking (former) and pulling on my eyelids... who needs it?!  False eyelashes can also help disguise imperfections in the eyeliner.  When in doubt, just blow it out!  A fuzzy line works best blended into the crease of you can't get the tricks I told you for the sharp line look.  The overall effect is the same as far as the eye shape it will give you.  It will just save you time, energy, and tears...literally. Let me know how this works guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment